The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is a registered charity which raises funds to enhance each pupil’s learning experience at Langton Green Primary School.
All parents and staff are automatically members of the PTA, but it is managed by a committee that organises various events throughout the year. Not only do these events raise much-needed funds for the school, but they also provide a great opportunity for families and staff to socialise together.
How is the money spent?
At the beginning of each year the PTA presents each teacher with £250 to purchase equipment or books or even subsidise a trip that would benefit the whole class. Funds are also provided for Christmas parties and School Leaver parties. Most of the money, however, is used to buy items from a wish-list of equipment put together by the Headteacher, the teaching staff and Governors. In recent years, the PTA has paid for the following:
- Upgrading the children's toilets
- Android tablets, software and training
- New visualisers / whiteboards
- Outdoor planters for the playground, so that each class can grow flowers / vegetables
- New netball equipment
- Running club kits and equipment
- PE Equipment
The main events of the year are the Fireworks Extravaganza, the Christmas Bazaar, the Summer Ball and the Summer Fête. In addition to these, we run quiz nights, children's discos, cake sales and the ever-popular Bunny Bounce.
You can find all our activities on our own PTA Events page
- Monday 19th March Bunny Bounce watch out for Parent Mails
- Thursday 29th March Own Clothes Day and Easter themed Bake Sale
- Saturday May 12th School May Ball. Tickets go on sale Friday 23rd
- CHANGE IN DATE FOR SUMMER FETE, now to be held on Saturday 24th June
Would you like to get involved?
Do you have ideas for new fundraising events? Do you enjoy being part of a team? The PTA Committee is always happy to welcome new recruits so please contact us if you would like to join. Meetings are held at 8pm so that everyone can attend. If you want to play a part but cannot fully commit we always need help with ticket selling, setting up, stall manning and clearing up. It’s a great chance to meet people from other year groups and broaden your social circle. It is thanks to volunteers that we are able to hold these events and to raise money for our school.
PTA Committee Members 2017-18
- Chairpersons – Natasha Oubridge (Year 1) and Rebecca Leach (Year 2)
- Treasurer – Karen Williams (Year 1)
- Secretary – Carin Alwin (Year 1)
- Additional ordinary Members – co-opted in
- Lisa Pridmore (Year 1 & 3)
- Sarah Eade (Year 1)
- Esther and Chris Nicholls (Year 1)
- Emma Howden (Year 1 & 5)
How can you help?
As the old saying goes "many hands make light work". We're all volunteers - so any help however small is appreciated. Help in any of the following ways is always welcome:
- Bringing cakes to our sales
- Creating our Christmas Grotto
- Putting up and taking down marquees
- Preparing the site for our big events
- Manning the stands at an event
- Clearing up the site after the event
- Making cups of tea!
Simply email us at PTA@langtonpta.org.uk to become a friend of the PTA, or like us on Langton Green Primary School PTA (https://www.facebook.com/groups/716937061759092/). We then notify you of upcoming events where help is needed.
Finally - we're all doing this to help make the school a better environment for your children. Many parents kindly subscribe to a monthly direct debit of your choice from £5-£20. This is an easy and a smart way to contribute, as all donations qualify for gift aid as we're a registered charity. Subscription forms are available to (download here), ask in the Office for a paper copy or contact PTA@langtonpta.org.uk
PTA Q1 Newsletter March 2018 (download here)