Vision & Values
Langton Green Primary School Vision
- For each and every child to sparkle, achieve and have a genuine love for learning.
- To be judged as ‘outstanding’ again by OFSTED at our next inspection.
- To continue developing a rich, creative curriculum that complements the national curriculum and gives all learners the best opportunities to explore the world around them.
- That Langton becomes synonymous for its rigorous approach to developing the ‘whole child’.
- That the school grows successfully but maintains a village school atmosphere.
- For all teachers, new and established, to be consistently outstanding in their practice.
- To inspire and challenge all pupils.
- For the outdoor learning environment to mirror the creativity within the classrooms.
- For Forest schools to continue being an integral part of our learning philosophy.
Impact of the vision
At Langton Green our aim is to inspire each child to develop a lifelong love of learning. Our belief is that a school that focuses on the whole child, produces outstanding learners who will have much to contribute to the world in later life. Here at Langton we recognise that our children have a thirst for exploration and an innate drive to be the very best. Recently we have seen each and every year group working towards making outstanding progress in their learning, particularly Year 6. Best practice informs our teaching and we are still renowned within the Tunbridge Wells area for the creative curriculum that we have worked hard to develop over the past few years. Being a school set in the heart of the countryside, we are also committed to ensuring that our learning reflects our passion for the environment, which we take full advantage of through our inspirational Forest School sessions.
Closing the gap within all disadvantaged groups is a priority for us and we work hard to ensure that the strategies we put in place are ambitious, challenging and have a great impact on the individual learners.
We want all to achieve their potential, no matter what background they come from.