Primary School PE Funding
At Langton Green we value the difference that Physical Education makes to the health and well-being of our children.
We believe that a varied and innovative curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities can have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and achievement in all areas of our young people’s lives. The government provides funding directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE. Each school receives approximately £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil – for Langton Green that means around £19,320 a year. The money can only be spent on sport and PE provision in schools. Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Click here to read our strategy document for the allocation of Sports Premium Funding in the 2022/23 academic year:
Click here to read our strategy document for the allocation of Sports Premium Funding in the 2021/22 academic year:
Click here to read our strategy document for the allocation of Sports Premium Funding in the 2020/21 academic year:
Sports Premium Funding Allocation for 2019/20
This year: In addition to continuing last year's achievements we intend to:
- To Continue Professional Development for Teachers in Gymnastics and Dance.
- Run a focused ‘Girls Can Club’ after school.
- Offer Extra-curricular clubs for Football and Running after school.
- Balance Ability Year R
- Bike Ability Year 6
- To introduce new sports in school- Fencing and Lacrosse
- To introduce new sport outside of school- Skiing lessons
- To build a New Challenge Trim Trail.
- Focus on inclusion, in particular encouraging our girls to be more physically active, engaging in PE as well as extracurricular sports clubs.
- To ensure all children make better progress in swimming by employing an additional swimming teacher and developing an improved strategy for the school.
- To increase the number of children who compete at County Level and encourage those with particular talents to pursue them.
- To update some of our older equipment. Currently on order are 2 x Netball posts for our competition pitch. Gymnastics equipment including a Vault Box, Floor Beam and Mats.
- To focus on continued Health & Well-being and how we can promote a healthy lifestyle in all year groups.
- To achieve Gold award for School Games mark for a 4th consecutive year.
- Get new pitch markings for the school field.
- Update our Playground equipment.
- Enter the Dance Competition at Tunbridge Wells Assembly Halls.